pve-docs.git
5 months agorun make update
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:45:44 +0000 (12:45 +0200)]
run make update

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 months agoadd cloudinit dump and snippets documentation
Mira Limbeck [Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:36:33 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
add cloudinit dump and snippets documentation

Adds documentation for the cloudinit snippets support and how 'qm
cloudinit dump' can be used to get a base config file.

Signed-off-by: Mira Limbeck <m.limbeck@proxmox.com>
5 months agoUpdate pvecm doc regarding IP vs hostname as corosync address
Stefan Reiter [Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:24:45 +0000 (15:24 +0200)]
Update pvecm doc regarding IP vs hostname as corosync address

Signed-off-by: Stefan Reiter <s.reiter@proxmox.com>
5 months agofix up Makefile
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 25 Jun 2019 05:58:18 +0000 (07:58 +0200)]
fix up Makefile

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 months agofixup: heading
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:19:03 +0000 (10:19 +0200)]
fixup: heading

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 months agoFixed some wording and typos
Stefan Reiter [Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:06:32 +0000 (15:06 +0200)]
Fixed some wording and typos

Signed-off-by: Stefan Reiter <s.reiter@proxmox.com>
5 months agoAdd to gitignore
Aaron Lauterer [Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:25:55 +0000 (15:25 +0200)]
Add to gitignore

Added .swp for VIM

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
5 months agoceph: nautilus followup
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 11 Jun 2019 13:42:27 +0000 (15:42 +0200)]
ceph: nautilus followup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 months agoadapt pveceph documentation for nautilus
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:21:00 +0000 (14:21 +0200)]
adapt pveceph documentation for nautilus

replace ceph-disk with ceph-volume
add note about db/wal size
and note about filestore

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
5 months agomove hookscript to its own section
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:22:19 +0000 (14:22 +0200)]
move hookscript to its own section

it does not make sense to have it in the pci passthrough chapter
(it was there by accident)

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
6 months agoRevert "set email to office@proxmox.com"
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 31 May 2019 11:12:47 +0000 (13:12 +0200)]
Revert "set email to office@proxmox.com"

This reverts commit b1a2cc40b7dd2b20b6e42061aa183f3238094616
Reqeuested, again, by Martin as it's out there for such purposes for
>15 years, so we just keep it.

6 months agoAdd how-to for translations
Dominic Jäger [Wed, 29 May 2019 09:36:52 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
Add how-to for translations

Explain where to find the source code for translation and
how to work with it, especially encouraging contributions
of non-developers.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 months agod/copyright: update years
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 28 May 2019 13:31:07 +0000 (15:31 +0200)]
d/copyright: update years

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agoset email to office@proxmox.com
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 28 May 2019 13:29:44 +0000 (15:29 +0200)]
set email to office@proxmox.com

Requested by Martin as the support@ address is now quite wired to the
enterprise support ticket system, and office is for more general
requests.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agobuildsys: doc-gen: make variables include trailing spaces too
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 28 May 2019 10:21:31 +0000 (12:21 +0200)]
buildsys: doc-gen: make variables include trailing spaces too

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agoupdate package repositories for 6.x
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 26 May 2019 09:50:16 +0000 (11:50 +0200)]
update package repositories for 6.x

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agopvecm: qdevice: more general wording
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 26 May 2019 09:40:01 +0000 (11:40 +0200)]
pvecm: qdevice: more general wording

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agobuildsys: add few comments
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 21 May 2019 16:31:13 +0000 (18:31 +0200)]
buildsys: add few comments

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agobuildsys: switch upload dist over to buster
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 21 May 2019 16:23:41 +0000 (18:23 +0200)]
buildsys: switch upload dist over to buster

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agod/control: update standards version
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 21 May 2019 15:47:07 +0000 (17:47 +0200)]
d/control: update standards version

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agobump version to 6.0-0+1
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 21 May 2019 15:46:34 +0000 (17:46 +0200)]
bump version to 6.0-0+1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agorun make update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 16 May 2019 14:58:24 +0000 (16:58 +0200)]
run make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agod/control: pass ${perl:Depends} everywhere it is defined
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 16 May 2019 15:02:06 +0000 (17:02 +0200)]
d/control: pass ${perl:Depends} everywhere it is defined

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agod/control: Priority extra got replaced by optional
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 16 May 2019 15:01:26 +0000 (17:01 +0200)]
d/control: Priority extra got replaced by optional

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agod/control: rsync is a build dependency
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 16 May 2019 14:54:47 +0000 (16:54 +0200)]
d/control: rsync is a build dependency

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agofix #2203: network: fíx typo s/confinuration/confinguration/
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 8 May 2019 07:26:30 +0000 (07:26 +0000)]
fix #2203: network: fíx typo s/confinuration/confinguration/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agofollowup: metric-server: formating, line length, and other small improvements
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 8 May 2019 07:21:43 +0000 (07:21 +0000)]
followup: metric-server: formating, line length, and other small improvements

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agodocument ids for status.cfg
Dominik Csapak [Thu, 11 Apr 2019 08:06:27 +0000 (10:06 +0200)]
document ids for status.cfg

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
7 months agopackage repos: document that we now also have SUITE-updates repo cofigured
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:09:03 +0000 (15:09 +0200)]
package repos: document that we now also have SUITE-updates repo cofigured

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agobump version to 5.4-2
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 8 Apr 2019 06:10:39 +0000 (08:10 +0200)]
bump version to 5.4-2

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoqm: system settings: fixup
Thomas Lamprecht [Sat, 6 Apr 2019 13:47:49 +0000 (15:47 +0200)]
qm: system settings: fixup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoqm: bios/efi: explain what they even do, roughly
Thomas Lamprecht [Sat, 6 Apr 2019 11:57:00 +0000 (13:57 +0200)]
qm: bios/efi: explain what they even do, roughly

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoqm: add System panel related docs with screenshot
Thomas Lamprecht [Sat, 6 Apr 2019 11:56:31 +0000 (13:56 +0200)]
qm: add System panel related docs with screenshot

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoupdate README copyright
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:39:52 +0000 (18:39 +0200)]
update README copyright

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agopveum: add role add screenshot
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:27:33 +0000 (18:27 +0200)]
pveum: add role add screenshot

also expand the text a bit, mostly for formatting reasons, as else
the screenshot renders into the CLI pveum code example block in the
HTML output...

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agopveum: add some references for onlineHelp
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 5 Apr 2019 15:35:58 +0000 (17:35 +0200)]
pveum: add some references for onlineHelp

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agouser management: add screenshot for TFA setup
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 5 Apr 2019 15:35:31 +0000 (17:35 +0200)]
user management: add screenshot for TFA setup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoUpdate TFA documentation
Wolfgang Bumiller [Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:39:05 +0000 (11:39 +0200)]
Update TFA documentation

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
8 months agoadd to .gitignore
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:26:09 +0000 (17:26 +0200)]
add to .gitignore

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agore-bump to version 5.4-1
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:18:03 +0000 (17:18 +0200)]
re-bump to version 5.4-1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agorun make update
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:17:19 +0000 (17:17 +0200)]
run make update

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agobump version to 5.4-1
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:57:38 +0000 (16:57 +0200)]
bump version to 5.4-1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: wording followup
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:36:18 +0000 (16:36 +0200)]
ceph: wording followup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: add ceph installation wizard docs
Tim Marx [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 09:52:53 +0000 (11:52 +0200)]
ceph: add ceph installation wizard docs

Signed-off-by: Tim Marx <t.marx@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: follow up rewords & fixes
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 12:31:31 +0000 (14:31 +0200)]
ceph: follow up rewords & fixes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: Expand the Precondition section
Alwin Antreich [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 09:23:16 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
ceph: Expand the Precondition section

This patch adds more information about hardware preconditions and
practices.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: troubleshooting: followup reword and small expansion
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 4 Apr 2019 05:48:28 +0000 (07:48 +0200)]
ceph: troubleshooting: followup reword and small expansion

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: Add monitoring & troubleshooting section
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 3 Apr 2019 14:23:32 +0000 (16:23 +0200)]
ceph: Add monitoring & troubleshooting section

To give a little overview on where to look if trouble arise.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agoceph: Extend recommendation in TIP box
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 3 Apr 2019 14:23:30 +0000 (16:23 +0200)]
ceph: Extend recommendation in TIP box

Extends the TIP after 'Ceph consists of' with more emphasis and an
additional link to Ceph's architecture.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agofollowup: fix acronym cases, and some wording additions
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:13:12 +0000 (09:13 +0100)]
followup: fix acronym cases, and some wording additions

also try to link to an already stated example, not to repeat it.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoExtending the firewall documentation regarding standard rules and logging
Christian Ebner [Mon, 25 Mar 2019 09:30:14 +0000 (10:30 +0100)]
Extending the firewall documentation regarding standard rules and logging

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agofixup: s/devies/devices/
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 20 Mar 2019 08:06:52 +0000 (09:06 +0100)]
fixup: s/devies/devices/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agofollowup wording
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 20 Mar 2019 07:53:24 +0000 (08:53 +0100)]
followup wording

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoReword krbd option description
Alwin Antreich [Tue, 19 Mar 2019 14:46:04 +0000 (15:46 +0100)]
Reword krbd option description

Reword the description and add an extra note box for the KRBD option to
reflect its current use. As containers needs to use KRBD for a mapped
device anyway and they are not affected by this option.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agoFixed some typos and slight language improvements
Christian Ebner [Tue, 19 Mar 2019 13:48:02 +0000 (14:48 +0100)]
Fixed some typos and slight language improvements

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agofollowup fíxes
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 19 Mar 2019 13:46:40 +0000 (14:46 +0100)]
followup fíxes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agofix: #2123 Logging of user defined firewall rules
Christian Ebner [Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:05:52 +0000 (17:05 +0100)]
fix: #2123 Logging of user defined firewall rules

Extends the documentation to mention the additional option to define a per-rule
log level for user-defined rules.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agoRemove all mentions of sheepdog from the docs
Christian Ebner [Fri, 15 Mar 2019 13:03:16 +0000 (14:03 +0100)]
Remove all mentions of sheepdog from the docs

As sheepdog is no longer actively maintained according to one of the
developers, it is planed to remove it for the upcomming version 6 of
Proxmox VE.

This removes mentions of sheepdog from the docs - at least from the
parts which are not auto-generated and thus must wait for PVE 6.0
when also the plugin will be removed.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agopvecm: fix wrong quorum numbers
Mira Limbeck [Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:06:42 +0000 (15:06 +0100)]
pvecm: fix wrong quorum numbers

Signed-off-by: Mira Limbeck <m.limbeck@proxmox.com>
9 months agopvecm: followup: rewrap lines to 80 cc
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:42:06 +0000 (10:42 +0100)]
pvecm: followup: rewrap lines to 80 cc

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agopvecm: qdevice faq section improvements
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 14:32:41 +0000 (15:32 +0100)]
pvecm: qdevice faq section improvements

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agopvecm qdevice: add some FAQ points
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:21:26 +0000 (14:21 +0100)]
pvecm qdevice: add some FAQ points

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agofollowup: minor fixup and comment out "TODO"
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 12:50:44 +0000 (13:50 +0100)]
followup: minor fixup and comment out "TODO"

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoinitial documentation for qdevice
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 4 Mar 2019 13:15:13 +0000 (14:15 +0100)]
initial documentation for qdevice

Authored by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
Co-Authored by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agobreak long line
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:43:04 +0000 (09:43 +0100)]
break long line

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agosollowup: make USB stick more consisten and remove 'now'
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:42:16 +0000 (09:42 +0100)]
sollowup: make USB stick more consisten and remove 'now'

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoupdate & rearrange installation chapter
Tim Marx [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:50:24 +0000 (10:50 +0100)]
update & rearrange installation chapter

Signed-off-by: Tim Marx <t.marx@proxmox.com>
9 months agofix #2112: remove typo in pvecm chapter
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:58:56 +0000 (08:58 +0100)]
fix #2112: remove typo in pvecm chapter

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoivshmem: add note about device deletion on VM stop
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:34 +0000 (08:29 +0100)]
ivshmem: add note about device deletion on VM stop

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoivshmem: follow up typos and grammar
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:05 +0000 (08:29 +0100)]
ivshmem: follow up typos and grammar

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoadd ivshmem documentation
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:38:34 +0000 (11:38 +0100)]
add ivshmem documentation

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
9 months agoupdate supported browsers
Tim Marx [Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:23:53 +0000 (12:23 +0100)]
update supported browsers

Changed the requirements for Safari to the same level as Firefox and
Google Chrome. IMHO if a (more or less) major browser doesn't get
updated once a year, one should probably look for an alternative.

Signed-off-by: Tim Marx <t.marx@proxmox.com>
9 months agoUpdate recommended system requirements
Alwin Antreich [Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:51:06 +0000 (10:51 +0100)]
Update recommended system requirements

Adds additional recommendations for Ceph and ZFS

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
9 months agobump version to 5.3-3
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:23:10 +0000 (12:23 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-3

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix 1891: Add zsh completion generator
Christian Ebner [Fri, 8 Feb 2019 15:43:10 +0000 (16:43 +0100)]
Fix 1891: Add zsh completion generator

This adds the generator needed for the autogeneration of zsh completion scripts
analogous to the generator creating the bash completion scripts.
In order to generate zsh completion scripts for other packages, a package
including this patch as well as the package in pve-common with the corresponding
patch have to be installed on the build system.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
9 months agopve-admin-guide-docinfo.xml.in: automatically update year in copyright notice
Dietmar Maurer [Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:05:05 +0000 (10:05 +0100)]
pve-admin-guide-docinfo.xml.in: automatically update year in copyright notice

9 months agoremove hardcoded kernel version in lxc description
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:39:01 +0000 (14:39 +0100)]
remove hardcoded kernel version in lxc description

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agopveproxy: add docs for /etc/default/pveproxy
Stoiko Ivanov [Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:18:45 +0000 (19:18 +0100)]
pveproxy: add docs for /etc/default/pveproxy

Adds the new config options: HONOR_CIPHER_ORDER and COMPRESSION.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
9 months agoimprove/extend documentation for gui
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:49:06 +0000 (12:49 +0100)]
improve/extend documentation for gui

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agochange links from master/mimic to luminous
David Limbeck [Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:38:14 +0000 (10:38 +0100)]
change links from master/mimic to luminous

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
9 months agopve-firewall minor corrections
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:18:07 +0000 (16:18 +0100)]
pve-firewall minor corrections

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agotypo managment -> management
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:06:11 +0000 (16:06 +0100)]
typo managment -> management

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agopveceph minor language corrections
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:01:15 +0000 (16:01 +0100)]
pveceph minor language corrections

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix #2018: CephFS client needs newer binaries
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:43:28 +0000 (10:43 +0100)]
Fix #2018: CephFS client needs newer binaries

To run cephfs client the debian stock packages need to be updated to
luminous to get it running.

This patch adds a section with our Ceph repositories to our package repo
chapter to where the cephfs storage plugin chapter links to.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFixed typo in Ceph Metadata Server documentation
Christian Ebner [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:41:59 +0000 (14:41 +0100)]
Fixed typo in Ceph Metadata Server documentation

This fixes a typo in the Metadata Server section of the documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix double occurrence of be in pveceph docs
Christian Ebner [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:22:48 +0000 (14:22 +0100)]
Fix double occurrence of be in pveceph docs

This fixes a typo (subsequent occurrence of be) in the CephFS section of the
documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix #2015: add how to get a auth secret for cephfs
Alwin Antreich [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:44:50 +0000 (10:44 +0100)]
Fix #2015: add how to get a auth secret for cephfs

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
9 months agoasciidoc-pve: ignore link targets for non-manpages
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:44:49 +0000 (10:44 +0100)]
asciidoc-pve: ignore link targets for non-manpages

To allow linking from to a chapter/section not included in a manpage
allow the manpage link resolver to just return text in a case the
link target text is in fact no manpage.

If the link is a valid one in general will be checked in a lot of
other places, so here we won't run into a regression where a wrong,
non-existing, link does not get detected by the build system.

The particular case I run into problems with this is when linking
from the pveceph chapter to the pve-package-repos, to point to the
(cheph) repos. pve-package-repos is no where included or itself a
manpage, so this checks fails. Even if we say it would make sense to
have it as a manpage, which was my initial solution, we run then into
issues as we have a link to a outside reference, located in
pve-bibliography, which then we probably do not want as manpage.

So in the case where a valid link, which just has no manpage counter
part, is passed to the respective link resolver I just return the
link text as is. An alternative could be to get the link object and
put it in parentheses after the link text, but I'm not to sure about
this so let's for now go the easier route.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
10 months agobump version to 5.3-2
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:47:12 +0000 (13:47 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-2

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agorun make update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:49:11 +0000 (13:49 +0100)]
run make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agomove guest-example-hookscript into new examples directory
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:48:24 +0000 (13:48 +0100)]
move guest-example-hookscript into new examples directory

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agoadd documentation about snippet content-type and hookscripts
Dominik Csapak [Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:33:41 +0000 (14:33 +0100)]
add documentation about snippet content-type and hookscripts

also add an example perl hookscript, that documents the phases
and arguments

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agofollowup: slight wording and whitespace fixup
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:11:13 +0000 (11:11 +0100)]
followup: slight wording and whitespace fixup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agoPrecise certificate generation
Friedrich Ramberger [Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:17:43 +0000 (11:17 +0000)]
Precise certificate generation

Signed-off-by: Friedrich Ramberger <f.ramberger@proxmox.com>
10 months agofixup typo: s/sendig/sending/
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 17:10:37 +0000 (18:10 +0100)]
fixup typo: s/sendig/sending/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopvenode: add WOL section to doc
Christian Ebner [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:57:36 +0000 (17:57 +0100)]
pvenode: add WOL section to doc

Adds a section containing information about the wake on LAN feature to the
pvenode documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
10 months agopve-network: fix typo
Daniel A. Maierhofer [Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:46:23 +0000 (13:46 +0100)]
pve-network: fix typo

there management interface -> their management interface

Signed-off-by: Daniel A. Maierhofer <git@damadmai.at>
10 months agoupdate copyright year to current
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:49:26 +0000 (14:49 +0100)]
update copyright year to current

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agoREADME: we need to build pve-doc-generator.mk
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:24:20 +0000 (17:24 +0100)]
README: we need to build pve-doc-generator.mk

One needs to have pve-doc-generator.mk before the index target can be
made, so note this in the README

Reported-by: Friedrich Ramberger <f.ramberger@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agominor grammar improvement
Wolfgang Bumiller [Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:19:14 +0000 (12:19 +0100)]
minor grammar improvement

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>