pve-docs.git
12 months agopvesm: fix storage type table: order by level and shared
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:56:18 +0000 (13:56 +0100)]
pvesm: fix storage type table: order by level and shared

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agopveceph: cephfs: fixup destroy warning
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:46:00 +0000 (13:46 +0100)]
pveceph: cephfs: fixup destroy warning

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agobump version to 5.3-1
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:17:26 +0000 (13:17 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agorun make update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:12:20 +0000 (13:12 +0100)]
run make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agopveceph: add pg_num for easier search
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:43:33 +0000 (12:43 +0100)]
pveceph: add pg_num for easier search

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoUpdate the default PG number to 128
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:26:40 +0000 (10:26 +0100)]
Update the default PG number to 128

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
12 months agoupdate gui my settings screenshot
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:41:28 +0000 (12:41 +0100)]
update gui my settings screenshot

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agopveceph: add initial CephFS documentation
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:19:32 +0000 (10:19 +0100)]
pveceph: add initial CephFS documentation

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agominor improvements to installation
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:08:48 +0000 (11:08 +0100)]
minor improvements to installation

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
12 months agopci passthrough: fixup GPU passthrough notes
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:48:30 +0000 (12:48 +0100)]
pci passthrough: fixup GPU passthrough notes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agopci passthrough: add example for functions
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:51:57 +0000 (15:51 +0100)]
pci passthrough: add example for functions

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agopci passthrough: add GPU passthrough notes
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:51:56 +0000 (15:51 +0100)]
pci passthrough: add GPU passthrough notes

to make it clear how to use a GPU inside the vm

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoinstallation: document advanced ZFS options
Stoiko Ivanov [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:24:04 +0000 (18:24 +0100)]
installation: document advanced ZFS options

Additionally add a note that no swap is created when ZFS is selected.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
12 months agoExpand documentation for swap with ZFS.
Stoiko Ivanov [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:24:03 +0000 (18:24 +0100)]
Expand documentation for swap with ZFS.

and add an anchor for referencing in pve-installation.adoc

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
12 months agofix clean-static find call
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 13:07:30 +0000 (14:07 +0100)]
fix clean-static find call

'-not -name' instead of '-not name'

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoqm: minor improvements to documentation
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:35:33 +0000 (09:35 +0100)]
qm: minor improvements to documentation

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
12 months agofix #1292: qm: NUMA: a socket can have more nodes
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:40:35 +0000 (14:40 +0100)]
fix #1292: qm: NUMA: a socket can have more nodes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agofixup: E.g. -> For example
Wolfgang Bumiller [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:05:24 +0000 (10:05 +0100)]
fixup: E.g. -> For example

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
12 months agofix #1138: installation: note how one can progress with keyboard only
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 18:32:59 +0000 (19:32 +0100)]
fix #1138: installation: note how one can progress with keyboard only

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoRemove SCSI exclusivity from "Discard" drive option
Nick Chevsky [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:16:03 +0000 (12:16 -0500)]
Remove SCSI exclusivity from "Discard" drive option

This documents the recent move [1] to make the formerly SCSI-exclusive
"Discard" option also available to IDE and SATA drives, and explains
its dependency on either VirtIO SCSI or SSD emulation [2].

[1] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=commit;h=ee4b837692bf3d0f50b6cb8f29a5272e9a632430
[2] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-docs.git;a=commit;h=25203dc111c1af5a1e100246954d1467535676c7

Signed-off-by: Nick Chevsky <nchevsky@gmail.com>
12 months agobump version to 5.2-10
Wolfgang Bumiller [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:27:39 +0000 (15:27 +0100)]
bump version to 5.2-10

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
12 months agoadd qmeventd manpage
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:05:42 +0000 (11:05 +0100)]
add qmeventd manpage

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoREADME: document list continuations
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:09:23 +0000 (08:09 +0100)]
README: document list continuations

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoREADME: note level 4 heading issues
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:08:01 +0000 (08:08 +0100)]
README: note level 4 heading issues

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoqm pci passthrough: follow up enhancements
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:04:51 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
qm pci passthrough: follow up enhancements

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoadd documentation for mediated devices
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:18:14 +0000 (15:18 +0100)]
add documentation for mediated devices

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoqm: remove 4th level heading and fix typos
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:18:13 +0000 (15:18 +0100)]
qm: remove 4th level heading and fix typos

manpages cannot have a 4th section, replace them with
titles

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agofix #1975: extend 'My Settings' documentation
David Limbeck [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:48:27 +0000 (13:48 +0100)]
fix #1975: extend 'My Settings' documentation

add a section for 'My Settings' documenting Dashboard Storages, clear
user name, reset layout and xterm.js settings

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
12 months agopvecm: note about PVE 4.X and 5.X cluster compatibility
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:30:47 +0000 (13:30 +0100)]
pvecm: note about PVE 4.X and 5.X cluster compatibility

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agofollowup #1850: pvecm: referencing all nodes in etc/hosts is not necessarry
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:25:08 +0000 (13:25 +0100)]
followup #1850: pvecm: referencing all nodes in etc/hosts is not necessarry

...for a cluster to work, as we can corosync can use multicast to
from the totem ring and we then can use that to communicate the other
nodes cluster IP.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agopvecm: mark all console commands the same way
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:22:09 +0000 (13:22 +0100)]
pvecm: mark all console commands the same way

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months ago#1850 followup: pvecm: you can use SSH or API to create cluster
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:04:36 +0000 (13:04 +0100)]
#1850 followup: pvecm: you can use SSH or API  to create cluster

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agofix #1959: remove any information regarding 'auto'
David Limbeck [Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:32:47 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
fix #1959: remove any information regarding 'auto'

Remove any information regarding 'auto' but mention the netplan workaround for SLAAC

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
12 months agofollowup: typos, formatting and wording improvements
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:24:41 +0000 (09:24 +0100)]
followup: typos, formatting and wording improvements

fix some typos like s/seperate/separate/ passhtrough, ...

Reword some sentences, try to reduces commas per sentence (while I
like them, others don't and they entangle your mind when reading a
bit).

Try to improve formatting, adding some emphasis on abbrevations or
other important things. Ensur all abbrev. are writen uppercase.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoadd documentation for pci passthrough and sr-iov
Dominik Csapak [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:00:46 +0000 (16:00 +0100)]
add documentation for pci passthrough and sr-iov

explain what it is and how to use it, especially the steps necessary
on the host and the various options under one chapter

most of this is also found on the wiki in the Pci_passthrough
article

we may want to condense the information there and link it as
'notes and examples'

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoqemu: fix typo s/vmgedid/vmgenid/
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:37:27 +0000 (14:37 +0100)]
qemu: fix typo s/vmgedid/vmgenid/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoqm: display: enahnce and add cirrus description
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:36:35 +0000 (14:36 +0100)]
qm: display: enahnce and add cirrus description

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
12 months agoadd documentation for display types and memory configuration
Dominik Csapak [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:14:44 +0000 (11:14 +0100)]
add documentation for display types and memory configuration

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
12 months agoDocument new SSD emulation feature
Nick Chevsky [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 07:05:23 +0000 (02:05 -0500)]
Document new SSD emulation feature

This change documents the recently added SSD emulation feature for
IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives, which consists of:

* an `ssd` qm.conf flag [1], and
* an "SSD emulation" drive option in pve-manager. [2]

[1] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-server.git;a=commit;h=6c875f9f315f2dc7a0a3a988622c2efdf089b171
[2] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=commit;h=6e40f7b0347e4275f6bcc7a484f930d4345d1c8e

Signed-off-by: Nick Chevsky <nchevsky@gmail.com>
13 months agobump version to 5.2-9
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:03:06 +0000 (13:03 +0200)]
bump version to 5.2-9

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
13 months agomake update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:57:54 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
13 months agod/control: minimize pve-doc-generator depends
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:02:00 +0000 (13:02 +0200)]
d/control: minimize pve-doc-generator depends

we don't actually need the whole dblatex/texlive dependency chain to
generate man pages.

this reduces the current dependency chain of pve-doc-generator in a
minimal chroot from 184 packages (556mb) to 72 packages (90mb):

-asciidoc-dblatex
-dblatex
-dirmngr
-docbook-dsssl
-docbook-utils
-fontconfig-config
-fonts-dejavu-core
-fonts-lmodern
-gnupg
-gnupg-agent
-jadetex
-libassuan0
-libavahi-client3
-libavahi-common-data
-libavahi-common3
-libbsd0
-libcairo2
-libcups2
-libcupsimage2
-libfontconfig1
-libfreetype6
-libglib2.0-0
-libgnutls30
-libgraphite2-3
-libgs9
-libgs9-common
-libgssapi-krb5-2
-libharfbuzz-icu0
-libharfbuzz0b
-libhogweed4
-libice6
-libidn11
-libijs-0.35
-libjbig0
-libjbig2dec0
-libjpeg62-turbo
-libk5crypto3
-libkeyutils1
-libkpathsea6
-libkrb5-3
-libkrb5support0
-libksba8
-liblcms2-2
-libldap-2.4-2
-libldap-common
-libnettle6
-libnpth0
-libnspr4
-libnss3
-libopenjp2-7
-libosp5
-libostyle1c2
-libp11-kit0
-libpaper-utils
-libpaper1
-libpixman-1-0
-libpng16-16
-libpoppler64
-libpotrace0
-libptexenc1
-libsasl2-2
-libsasl2-modules-db
-libsgmls-perl
-libsm6
-libsynctex1
-libtasn1-6
-libtexlua52
-libtexluajit2
-libtiff5
-libx11-6
-libx11-data
-libxau6
-libxaw7
-libxcb-render0
-libxcb-shm0
-libxcb1
-libxdmcp6
-libxext6
-libxi6
-libxmu6
-libxpm4
-libxrender1
-libxt6
-libzzip-0-13
-lynx
-lynx-common
-openjade
-opensp
-pinentry-curses
-poppler-data
-preview-latex-style
-python-apt
-python-apt-common
-sgmlspl
-t1utils
-tex-common
-texlive
-texlive-base
-texlive-bibtex-extra
-texlive-binaries
-texlive-extra-utils
-texlive-fonts-recommended
-texlive-generic-recommended
-texlive-htmlxml
-texlive-latex-base
-texlive-latex-extra
-texlive-latex-recommended
-texlive-pictures
-texlive-science
-ucf
-x11-common
-xdg-utils

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
13 months agopve-doc-generator: add rules for API verification
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:01:59 +0000 (13:01 +0200)]
pve-doc-generator: add rules for API verification

since API verification happens in the same places as man page and bash
completion generation, and is identical across the board.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
13 months agopve-doc-generator: add rules for bash-completion
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:01:58 +0000 (13:01 +0200)]
pve-doc-generator: add rules for bash-completion

while these are not strictly documentation, they use the same mechanisms
and are generated at the same time as the man pages.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
13 months agopve-doc-generator: make include dirs configurable
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:01:57 +0000 (13:01 +0200)]
pve-doc-generator: make include dirs configurable

by setting PERL_DOC_INC_DIRS before including pve-doc-generator.mk

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
13 months agoAdjust example cipher string in doc for default
Rhonda D'Vine [Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:01:08 +0000 (15:01 +0200)]
Adjust example cipher string in doc for default

Even though this is meant as an example, it makes sense to keep it in
sync with what the actual default is.

Signed-off-by: Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@proxmox.com>
14 months agominor cleanups, typo and whitespace fixes
Wolfgang Bumiller [Mon, 1 Oct 2018 08:41:37 +0000 (10:41 +0200)]
minor cleanups, typo and whitespace fixes

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
14 months agoimprove spectre/meltdown cpu flags documentation
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 4 Sep 2018 10:53:57 +0000 (12:53 +0200)]
improve spectre/meltdown cpu flags documentation

-add new cpuflags for spectre v4.
-split cpuflags between amd && intel processors

14 months agofirewall doc : remove wrong note
Alexandre Derumier [Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:16:33 +0000 (17:16 +0200)]
firewall doc : remove wrong note

Documentation said that vm need to be restart after enable/disable
firewall option on interface.

This is wrong, the fwbr is added/removed online, and tap are
unplug/plug to fwbr online too

14 months agoqm: vmgenid: add note for initial addition on existing VMs
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:14:30 +0000 (16:14 +0200)]
qm: vmgenid: add note for initial addition on existing VMs

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
14 months agoqm: vmgenid: fix spacing and reword,
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:08:27 +0000 (16:08 +0200)]
qm: vmgenid: fix spacing and reword,

also pass links as footnote, link to a conmon guid generator, ...

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
14 months agoqm: add vmgenid documentation
Dominik Csapak [Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:35:12 +0000 (11:35 +0200)]
qm: add vmgenid documentation

explain how to use it, what it is and a link to further documentation

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
14 months agoapi-viewer: correctly escape html when displaying return types.
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:43:12 +0000 (11:43 +0200)]
api-viewer: correctly escape html when displaying return types.

Signed-off-by: Dietmar Maurer <dietmar@proxmox.com>
14 months agobuildsys: allow missing pve-doc-generator.mk on build/clean
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 13 Sep 2018 07:40:55 +0000 (09:40 +0200)]
buildsys: allow missing pve-doc-generator.mk on build/clean

Avoids the following warning when running initial building or
running make clean (initially, or twice):

> Makefile:38: pve-doc-generator.mk: No such file or directory

As we can do without this, simply tell make to ignore it if missing.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
14 months agouse https for the website
Dominik Csapak [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:20:29 +0000 (14:20 +0200)]
use https for the website

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
14 months agochange pricing link to en
Dominik Csapak [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:20:28 +0000 (14:20 +0200)]
change pricing link to en

since the language on proxmox.com depends on the cookie,
using no language in the url leads to a 404 if the
cookie says 'german', so always link to the english site

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
14 months agod/compat: bump to 10
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:58 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
d/compat: bump to 10

(enables parallel builds by default)

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agobuild: fix broken parallel builds
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:57 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
build: fix broken parallel builds

a2x only supports destination folders for HTML based variants, but fortunately
that is enough in our case without needing extra workarounds.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agod/control: add missing build-dependencies
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:56 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
d/control: add missing build-dependencies

gathered by building in a minimal Debian Stretch chroot with just the
listed build-dependencies installed.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agod/control: bump debhelper build-dependency
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:55 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
d/control: bump debhelper build-dependency

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agobuild: wrap-and-sort debian/
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:54 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
build: wrap-and-sort debian/

for consistency and easier diffing

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agobuild: refactor build process
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:41:53 +0000 (19:41 +0200)]
build: refactor build process

build packages in one go by moving individual .deb targets into install
targets called by dpkg-buildpackage.

all three binary packages are bootstrappable on a straight Debian host,
so there is no need to call dpkg-buildpackage separately for each of
them.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
14 months agoremove note about vlan management interface
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 11 Sep 2018 07:03:52 +0000 (09:03 +0200)]
remove note about vlan management interface

This seem wrong,
it's possible to setup management vlan interface
on vlanaware bridge without conflict with vm.

(If vlan management is setup with vmbrX.Y)

14 months agoadd vlanaware bridge management vlan configuration
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 11 Sep 2018 07:03:51 +0000 (09:03 +0200)]
add vlanaware bridge management vlan configuration

15 months agoused proxmox CI colors for network graphics
Dietmar Maurer [Wed, 5 Sep 2018 06:41:03 +0000 (08:41 +0200)]
used proxmox CI colors for network graphics

15 months agovxlan: increase mtu to 1550
Alexandre Derumier [Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:33:16 +0000 (08:33 +0200)]
vxlan: increase mtu to 1550

vxlan encapsulation have 50 bytes overhead,so we need to increase
mtu on physical interfaces to avoid fragmentation.

15 months agovrf : remove net.ipv4.tcp_l3mdev_accept=1 sysctl tuning
Alexandre Derumier [Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:33:15 +0000 (08:33 +0200)]
vrf : remove net.ipv4.tcp_l3mdev_accept=1 sysctl tuning

kernel has been patched
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-kernel.git;a=commit;h=49b6d16422120bf40204c40729c17a72e177e690

15 months agofix typos/wording
David Limbeck [Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:48:43 +0000 (13:48 +0200)]
fix typos/wording

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
15 months agopve-patch-process.tt: another graphviz example graph
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:25:22 +0000 (12:25 +0200)]
pve-patch-process.tt: another graphviz example graph

Not used currently.

15 months agoremove nwdiag related things
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 17 Aug 2018 07:09:46 +0000 (09:09 +0200)]
remove nwdiag related things

We do not use those graphics.

15 months agopve-software-stack.tt: cleanup - set global fontname
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 17 Aug 2018 07:00:17 +0000 (09:00 +0200)]
pve-software-stack.tt: cleanup - set global fontname

15 months agopve-software-stack.tt: add AppArmor and cgroups
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 17 Aug 2018 06:54:30 +0000 (08:54 +0200)]
pve-software-stack.tt: add AppArmor and cgroups

15 months agopve-software-stack.tt: s/Daemons/Services/
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 17 Aug 2018 06:42:54 +0000 (08:42 +0200)]
pve-software-stack.tt: s/Daemons/Services/

15 months agouse graphviz to generate pve-software-stack.svg
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:47:24 +0000 (12:47 +0200)]
use graphviz to generate pve-software-stack.svg

Produces much smaller .svg file

15 months agoadd generated svg images
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:14:19 +0000 (10:14 +0200)]
add generated svg images

15 months agoinstall and use new network diagrams
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:10:08 +0000 (10:10 +0200)]
install and use new network diagrams

15 months agothumbnail: allow to reference all images inside /images subdir
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 16 Aug 2018 07:31:05 +0000 (09:31 +0200)]
thumbnail: allow to reference all images inside /images subdir

Before, we was limited to /images/screenshots/

15 months agoadd graphviz picture for our default bonded network setup
Dietmar Maurer [Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:39:49 +0000 (14:39 +0200)]
add graphviz picture for our default bonded network setup

15 months agoadd graphviz picture for our default routed network setup
Dietmar Maurer [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:56:04 +0000 (13:56 +0200)]
add graphviz picture for our default routed network setup

15 months agopve_network_templates.tt: add macro for ethernet interfaces
Dietmar Maurer [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:55:17 +0000 (13:55 +0200)]
pve_network_templates.tt: add macro for ethernet interfaces

15 months agoadd graphviz picture for our default bridged network setup
Dietmar Maurer [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:08:30 +0000 (13:08 +0200)]
add graphviz picture for our default bridged network setup

15 months agoadd framework to generate network graphs using graphviz
Dietmar Maurer [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 08:45:25 +0000 (10:45 +0200)]
add framework to generate network graphs using graphviz

15 months agovxlan-evpn : add documentation to external routing
Alexandre Derumier [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:11:39 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
vxlan-evpn : add documentation to external routing

without bgp between proxmox and external router

15 months agosplit sysctl.conf to symmetric and asymmetric setup
Alexandre Derumier [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:11:38 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
split sysctl.conf to symmetric and asymmetric setup

15 months agovxlan : remove vlanaware bridge documentation
Alexandre Derumier [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:11:37 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
vxlan : remove vlanaware bridge documentation

15 months agofix #1850: small additions
David Limbeck [Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:06:17 +0000 (15:06 +0200)]
fix #1850: small additions

15 months agoadd vxlan l3 routing
Alexandre Derumier [Fri, 10 Aug 2018 08:39:14 +0000 (10:39 +0200)]
add vxlan l3 routing

This add documentation for inter vxlan routing, with frr and anycast gateway.

15 months agoadd documentation for vxlan layer 2 network
Dietmar Maurer [Thu, 9 Aug 2018 05:56:27 +0000 (07:56 +0200)]
add documentation for vxlan layer 2 network

Thank to Alexandre Derumier <aderumier@odiso.com> for providing these docs.

15 months agobump version to 5.2-8
Dietmar Maurer [Wed, 8 Aug 2018 06:52:32 +0000 (08:52 +0200)]
bump version to 5.2-8

15 months agoadd lvm/zfs anchors
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 7 Aug 2018 14:51:07 +0000 (16:51 +0200)]
add lvm/zfs anchors

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
16 months agofollow up: fix preformatted-block syntax and newlines
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 31 Jul 2018 09:18:32 +0000 (11:18 +0200)]
follow up: fix preformatted-block syntax and newlines

four '-' are enough, common use and as they need to be symmetric also
easier to handle manually.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
16 months agofollow up: use higher heading level
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 31 Jul 2018 09:17:07 +0000 (11:17 +0200)]
follow up: use higher heading level

else this is not visible in the one-page html document

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
16 months agocertificate-managment.adoc: describe dir change
Stoiko Ivanov [Tue, 31 Jul 2018 08:45:02 +0000 (10:45 +0200)]
certificate-managment.adoc: describe dir change

Adds a section with example of how to change the default ACME account from the
LE staging to production directory.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
16 months agobump version to 5.2-7
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:57:10 +0000 (11:57 +0200)]
bump version to 5.2-7

16 months agogen-output-format-opts.pl: use correct argument syntax
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:54:55 +0000 (11:54 +0200)]
gen-output-format-opts.pl: use correct argument syntax

16 months agooutput-format.adoc: fix typo
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:50:15 +0000 (11:50 +0200)]
output-format.adoc: fix typo

16 months agobump version to 5.2-6
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 08:50:25 +0000 (10:50 +0200)]
bump version to 5.2-6

16 months agoMakefile GEN_SCRIPTS: add gen-output-format-opts.pl
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 08:41:49 +0000 (10:41 +0200)]
Makefile GEN_SCRIPTS: add gen-output-format-opts.pl

16 months agopve-admin-guide: include pvenode and pvesh docs
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 08:21:57 +0000 (10:21 +0200)]
pve-admin-guide: include pvenode and pvesh docs

16 months agopvenode.adoc: include output-format.adoc
Dietmar Maurer [Fri, 27 Jul 2018 07:57:51 +0000 (09:57 +0200)]
pvenode.adoc: include output-format.adoc