pve-docs.git
6 months agofix: #2123 Logging of user defined firewall rules
Christian Ebner [Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:05:52 +0000 (17:05 +0100)]
fix: #2123 Logging of user defined firewall rules

Extends the documentation to mention the additional option to define a per-rule
log level for user-defined rules.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
7 months agoRemove all mentions of sheepdog from the docs
Christian Ebner [Fri, 15 Mar 2019 13:03:16 +0000 (14:03 +0100)]
Remove all mentions of sheepdog from the docs

As sheepdog is no longer actively maintained according to one of the
developers, it is planed to remove it for the upcomming version 6 of
Proxmox VE.

This removes mentions of sheepdog from the docs - at least from the
parts which are not auto-generated and thus must wait for PVE 6.0
when also the plugin will be removed.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopvecm: fix wrong quorum numbers
Mira Limbeck [Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:06:42 +0000 (15:06 +0100)]
pvecm: fix wrong quorum numbers

Signed-off-by: Mira Limbeck <m.limbeck@proxmox.com>
7 months agopvecm: followup: rewrap lines to 80 cc
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:42:06 +0000 (10:42 +0100)]
pvecm: followup: rewrap lines to 80 cc

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopvecm: qdevice faq section improvements
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 14:32:41 +0000 (15:32 +0100)]
pvecm: qdevice faq section improvements

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopvecm qdevice: add some FAQ points
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:21:26 +0000 (14:21 +0100)]
pvecm qdevice: add some FAQ points

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agofollowup: minor fixup and comment out "TODO"
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 5 Mar 2019 12:50:44 +0000 (13:50 +0100)]
followup: minor fixup and comment out "TODO"

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoinitial documentation for qdevice
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 4 Mar 2019 13:15:13 +0000 (14:15 +0100)]
initial documentation for qdevice

Authored by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
Co-Authored by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agobreak long line
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:43:04 +0000 (09:43 +0100)]
break long line

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agosollowup: make USB stick more consisten and remove 'now'
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:42:16 +0000 (09:42 +0100)]
sollowup: make USB stick more consisten and remove 'now'

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoupdate & rearrange installation chapter
Tim Marx [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:50:24 +0000 (10:50 +0100)]
update & rearrange installation chapter

Signed-off-by: Tim Marx <t.marx@proxmox.com>
7 months agofix #2112: remove typo in pvecm chapter
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:58:56 +0000 (08:58 +0100)]
fix #2112: remove typo in pvecm chapter

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoivshmem: add note about device deletion on VM stop
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:34 +0000 (08:29 +0100)]
ivshmem: add note about device deletion on VM stop

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoivshmem: follow up typos and grammar
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:05 +0000 (08:29 +0100)]
ivshmem: follow up typos and grammar

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoadd ivshmem documentation
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:38:34 +0000 (11:38 +0100)]
add ivshmem documentation

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
7 months agoupdate supported browsers
Tim Marx [Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:23:53 +0000 (12:23 +0100)]
update supported browsers

Changed the requirements for Safari to the same level as Firefox and
Google Chrome. IMHO if a (more or less) major browser doesn't get
updated once a year, one should probably look for an alternative.

Signed-off-by: Tim Marx <t.marx@proxmox.com>
7 months agoUpdate recommended system requirements
Alwin Antreich [Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:51:06 +0000 (10:51 +0100)]
Update recommended system requirements

Adds additional recommendations for Ceph and ZFS

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
7 months agobump version to 5.3-3
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:23:10 +0000 (12:23 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-3

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agoFix 1891: Add zsh completion generator
Christian Ebner [Fri, 8 Feb 2019 15:43:10 +0000 (16:43 +0100)]
Fix 1891: Add zsh completion generator

This adds the generator needed for the autogeneration of zsh completion scripts
analogous to the generator creating the bash completion scripts.
In order to generate zsh completion scripts for other packages, a package
including this patch as well as the package in pve-common with the corresponding
patch have to be installed on the build system.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
7 months agopve-admin-guide-docinfo.xml.in: automatically update year in copyright notice
Dietmar Maurer [Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:05:05 +0000 (10:05 +0100)]
pve-admin-guide-docinfo.xml.in: automatically update year in copyright notice

7 months agoremove hardcoded kernel version in lxc description
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:39:01 +0000 (14:39 +0100)]
remove hardcoded kernel version in lxc description

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agopveproxy: add docs for /etc/default/pveproxy
Stoiko Ivanov [Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:18:45 +0000 (19:18 +0100)]
pveproxy: add docs for /etc/default/pveproxy

Adds the new config options: HONOR_CIPHER_ORDER and COMPRESSION.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
7 months agoimprove/extend documentation for gui
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:49:06 +0000 (12:49 +0100)]
improve/extend documentation for gui

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agochange links from master/mimic to luminous
David Limbeck [Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:38:14 +0000 (10:38 +0100)]
change links from master/mimic to luminous

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
7 months agopve-firewall minor corrections
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:18:07 +0000 (16:18 +0100)]
pve-firewall minor corrections

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agotypo managment -> management
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:06:11 +0000 (16:06 +0100)]
typo managment -> management

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agopveceph minor language corrections
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:01:15 +0000 (16:01 +0100)]
pveceph minor language corrections

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agoFix #2018: CephFS client needs newer binaries
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:43:28 +0000 (10:43 +0100)]
Fix #2018: CephFS client needs newer binaries

To run cephfs client the debian stock packages need to be updated to
luminous to get it running.

This patch adds a section with our Ceph repositories to our package repo
chapter to where the cephfs storage plugin chapter links to.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoFixed typo in Ceph Metadata Server documentation
Christian Ebner [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:41:59 +0000 (14:41 +0100)]
Fixed typo in Ceph Metadata Server documentation

This fixes a typo in the Metadata Server section of the documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agoFix double occurrence of be in pveceph docs
Christian Ebner [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:22:48 +0000 (14:22 +0100)]
Fix double occurrence of be in pveceph docs

This fixes a typo (subsequent occurrence of be) in the CephFS section of the
documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agoFix #2015: add how to get a auth secret for cephfs
Alwin Antreich [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:44:50 +0000 (10:44 +0100)]
Fix #2015: add how to get a auth secret for cephfs

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agoasciidoc-pve: ignore link targets for non-manpages
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:44:49 +0000 (10:44 +0100)]
asciidoc-pve: ignore link targets for non-manpages

To allow linking from to a chapter/section not included in a manpage
allow the manpage link resolver to just return text in a case the
link target text is in fact no manpage.

If the link is a valid one in general will be checked in a lot of
other places, so here we won't run into a regression where a wrong,
non-existing, link does not get detected by the build system.

The particular case I run into problems with this is when linking
from the pveceph chapter to the pve-package-repos, to point to the
(cheph) repos. pve-package-repos is no where included or itself a
manpage, so this checks fails. Even if we say it would make sense to
have it as a manpage, which was my initial solution, we run then into
issues as we have a link to a outside reference, located in
pve-bibliography, which then we probably do not want as manpage.

So in the case where a valid link, which just has no manpage counter
part, is passed to the respective link resolver I just return the
link text as is. An alternative could be to get the link object and
put it in parentheses after the link text, but I'm not to sure about
this so let's for now go the easier route.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
8 months agobump version to 5.3-2
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:47:12 +0000 (13:47 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-2

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agorun make update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:49:11 +0000 (13:49 +0100)]
run make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agomove guest-example-hookscript into new examples directory
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:48:24 +0000 (13:48 +0100)]
move guest-example-hookscript into new examples directory

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoadd documentation about snippet content-type and hookscripts
Dominik Csapak [Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:33:41 +0000 (14:33 +0100)]
add documentation about snippet content-type and hookscripts

also add an example perl hookscript, that documents the phases
and arguments

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
8 months agofollowup: slight wording and whitespace fixup
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:11:13 +0000 (11:11 +0100)]
followup: slight wording and whitespace fixup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agoPrecise certificate generation
Friedrich Ramberger [Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:17:43 +0000 (11:17 +0000)]
Precise certificate generation

Signed-off-by: Friedrich Ramberger <f.ramberger@proxmox.com>
8 months agofixup typo: s/sendig/sending/
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 17:10:37 +0000 (18:10 +0100)]
fixup typo: s/sendig/sending/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
8 months agopvenode: add WOL section to doc
Christian Ebner [Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:57:36 +0000 (17:57 +0100)]
pvenode: add WOL section to doc

Adds a section containing information about the wake on LAN feature to the
pvenode documentation.

Signed-off-by: Christian Ebner <c.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 months agopve-network: fix typo
Daniel A. Maierhofer [Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:46:23 +0000 (13:46 +0100)]
pve-network: fix typo

there management interface -> their management interface

Signed-off-by: Daniel A. Maierhofer <git@damadmai.at>
8 months agoupdate copyright year to current
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:49:26 +0000 (14:49 +0100)]
update copyright year to current

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoREADME: we need to build pve-doc-generator.mk
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:24:20 +0000 (17:24 +0100)]
README: we need to build pve-doc-generator.mk

One needs to have pve-doc-generator.mk before the index target can be
made, so note this in the README

Reported-by: Friedrich Ramberger <f.ramberger@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agominor grammar improvement
Wolfgang Bumiller [Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:19:14 +0000 (12:19 +0100)]
minor grammar improvement

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
9 months agovxlan evpn : remove rp_filter=0 for symetric model
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 16 Oct 2018 06:20:02 +0000 (08:20 +0200)]
vxlan evpn : remove rp_filter=0 for symetric model

This seem be to fixed in frr 6.0.
(it was packetloss with vm migration, race condition when refreshing routing table)

9 months agopvesm: improve file level based storage paragraph
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 11 Dec 2018 12:05:02 +0000 (13:05 +0100)]
pvesm: improve file level based storage paragraph

improve the file level based storage paragraph bit and move it above
the block based one, as the table is sorted by storage type, and file
comes first.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
9 months agoChange iscsiscan invocation in pve-storage-iscsi
Stoiko Ivanov [Fri, 28 Dec 2018 10:07:44 +0000 (11:07 +0100)]
Change iscsiscan invocation in pve-storage-iscsi

Caught while checking #1936 - portal is a fixed (required) argument.
Also changed `iscsiscan` to `scan iscsi`

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix dmesg command
Wolfgang Link [Thu, 3 Jan 2019 07:59:00 +0000 (08:59 +0100)]
Fix dmesg command

9 months agominor wording improvements/corrections
Oguz Bektas [Fri, 28 Dec 2018 13:24:56 +0000 (14:24 +0100)]
minor wording improvements/corrections

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
9 months agosome language improvements
Wolfgang Bumiller [Fri, 28 Dec 2018 09:23:20 +0000 (10:23 +0100)]
some language improvements

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
9 months agoFix 7 typos and rephrase a sentence
Stoiko Ivanov [Thu, 27 Dec 2018 08:56:13 +0000 (09:56 +0100)]
Fix 7 typos and rephrase a sentence

Reported via support ticket by Daniel A. Maierhofer <pve@damadmai.at>.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
10 months agobuildsys: fix clean target
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:57:23 +0000 (11:57 +0100)]
buildsys: fix clean target

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopvesm: fixup use CephFS
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:56:36 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
pvesm: fixup use CephFS

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agovxlan : add missing vxlan-id
Alexandre Derumier [Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:07:53 +0000 (16:07 +0100)]
vxlan : add missing vxlan-id

10 months agocephfs: correct the destroy a cephfs command
Alwin Antreich [Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:24:00 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
cephfs: correct the destroy a cephfs command

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
10 months agoadd pcie passthrough to the wiki
Dominik Csapak [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:16:01 +0000 (11:16 +0100)]
add pcie passthrough to the wiki

and add a 'see also' chapter for the wiki with a link to the old
pci passthrough documentation (which i will change to contain
examples and other steps not suited for the reference documentation)

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agofix quoting
Dominik Csapak [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:16:00 +0000 (11:16 +0100)]
fix quoting

it seems the parser cannot handle the end of the quoting with '),' after
it, so `'), does not get detected as the end of the quote

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agofollowup: slightly reword
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 4 Dec 2018 08:13:35 +0000 (09:13 +0100)]
followup: slightly reword

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopve-installation: clarify hdsize setting for ZFS
Stoiko Ivanov [Mon, 3 Dec 2018 17:36:34 +0000 (18:36 +0100)]
pve-installation: clarify hdsize setting for ZFS

We only partition all bootable drives, i.e. only the first vdev.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
10 months agopvesm: fix storage type table: order by level and shared
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:56:18 +0000 (13:56 +0100)]
pvesm: fix storage type table: order by level and shared

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopveceph: cephfs: fixup destroy warning
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:46:00 +0000 (13:46 +0100)]
pveceph: cephfs: fixup destroy warning

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agobump version to 5.3-1
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:17:26 +0000 (13:17 +0100)]
bump version to 5.3-1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agorun make update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:12:20 +0000 (13:12 +0100)]
run make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopveceph: add pg_num for easier search
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:43:33 +0000 (12:43 +0100)]
pveceph: add pg_num for easier search

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agoUpdate the default PG number to 128
Alwin Antreich [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:26:40 +0000 (10:26 +0100)]
Update the default PG number to 128

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
10 months agoupdate gui my settings screenshot
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:41:28 +0000 (12:41 +0100)]
update gui my settings screenshot

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopveceph: add initial CephFS documentation
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:19:32 +0000 (10:19 +0100)]
pveceph: add initial CephFS documentation

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agominor improvements to installation
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:08:48 +0000 (11:08 +0100)]
minor improvements to installation

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
10 months agopci passthrough: fixup GPU passthrough notes
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:48:30 +0000 (12:48 +0100)]
pci passthrough: fixup GPU passthrough notes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agopci passthrough: add example for functions
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:51:57 +0000 (15:51 +0100)]
pci passthrough: add example for functions

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agopci passthrough: add GPU passthrough notes
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:51:56 +0000 (15:51 +0100)]
pci passthrough: add GPU passthrough notes

to make it clear how to use a GPU inside the vm

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agoinstallation: document advanced ZFS options
Stoiko Ivanov [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:24:04 +0000 (18:24 +0100)]
installation: document advanced ZFS options

Additionally add a note that no swap is created when ZFS is selected.

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
10 months agoExpand documentation for swap with ZFS.
Stoiko Ivanov [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:24:03 +0000 (18:24 +0100)]
Expand documentation for swap with ZFS.

and add an anchor for referencing in pve-installation.adoc

Signed-off-by: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov@proxmox.com>
10 months agofix clean-static find call
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 13:07:30 +0000 (14:07 +0100)]
fix clean-static find call

'-not -name' instead of '-not name'

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
10 months agoqm: minor improvements to documentation
Oguz Bektas [Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:35:33 +0000 (09:35 +0100)]
qm: minor improvements to documentation

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
10 months agofix #1292: qm: NUMA: a socket can have more nodes
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:40:35 +0000 (14:40 +0100)]
fix #1292: qm: NUMA: a socket can have more nodes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agofixup: E.g. -> For example
Wolfgang Bumiller [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:05:24 +0000 (10:05 +0100)]
fixup: E.g. -> For example

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
10 months agofix #1138: installation: note how one can progress with keyboard only
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 18:32:59 +0000 (19:32 +0100)]
fix #1138: installation: note how one can progress with keyboard only

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
10 months agoRemove SCSI exclusivity from "Discard" drive option
Nick Chevsky [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:16:03 +0000 (12:16 -0500)]
Remove SCSI exclusivity from "Discard" drive option

This documents the recent move [1] to make the formerly SCSI-exclusive
"Discard" option also available to IDE and SATA drives, and explains
its dependency on either VirtIO SCSI or SSD emulation [2].

[1] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=commit;h=ee4b837692bf3d0f50b6cb8f29a5272e9a632430
[2] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-docs.git;a=commit;h=25203dc111c1af5a1e100246954d1467535676c7

Signed-off-by: Nick Chevsky <nchevsky@gmail.com>
11 months agobump version to 5.2-10
Wolfgang Bumiller [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:27:39 +0000 (15:27 +0100)]
bump version to 5.2-10

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller@proxmox.com>
11 months agoadd qmeventd manpage
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:05:42 +0000 (11:05 +0100)]
add qmeventd manpage

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
11 months agoREADME: document list continuations
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:09:23 +0000 (08:09 +0100)]
README: document list continuations

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoREADME: note level 4 heading issues
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:08:01 +0000 (08:08 +0100)]
README: note level 4 heading issues

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoqm pci passthrough: follow up enhancements
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:04:51 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
qm pci passthrough: follow up enhancements

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoadd documentation for mediated devices
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:18:14 +0000 (15:18 +0100)]
add documentation for mediated devices

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
11 months agoqm: remove 4th level heading and fix typos
Dominik Csapak [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:18:13 +0000 (15:18 +0100)]
qm: remove 4th level heading and fix typos

manpages cannot have a 4th section, replace them with
titles

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
11 months agofix #1975: extend 'My Settings' documentation
David Limbeck [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:48:27 +0000 (13:48 +0100)]
fix #1975: extend 'My Settings' documentation

add a section for 'My Settings' documenting Dashboard Storages, clear
user name, reset layout and xterm.js settings

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
11 months agopvecm: note about PVE 4.X and 5.X cluster compatibility
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:30:47 +0000 (13:30 +0100)]
pvecm: note about PVE 4.X and 5.X cluster compatibility

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agofollowup #1850: pvecm: referencing all nodes in etc/hosts is not necessarry
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:25:08 +0000 (13:25 +0100)]
followup #1850: pvecm: referencing all nodes in etc/hosts is not necessarry

...for a cluster to work, as we can corosync can use multicast to
from the totem ring and we then can use that to communicate the other
nodes cluster IP.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agopvecm: mark all console commands the same way
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:22:09 +0000 (13:22 +0100)]
pvecm: mark all console commands the same way

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months ago#1850 followup: pvecm: you can use SSH or API to create cluster
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:04:36 +0000 (13:04 +0100)]
#1850 followup: pvecm: you can use SSH or API  to create cluster

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agofix #1959: remove any information regarding 'auto'
David Limbeck [Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:32:47 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
fix #1959: remove any information regarding 'auto'

Remove any information regarding 'auto' but mention the netplan workaround for SLAAC

Signed-off-by: David Limbeck <d.limbeck@proxmox.com>
11 months agofollowup: typos, formatting and wording improvements
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:24:41 +0000 (09:24 +0100)]
followup: typos, formatting and wording improvements

fix some typos like s/seperate/separate/ passhtrough, ...

Reword some sentences, try to reduces commas per sentence (while I
like them, others don't and they entangle your mind when reading a
bit).

Try to improve formatting, adding some emphasis on abbrevations or
other important things. Ensur all abbrev. are writen uppercase.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoadd documentation for pci passthrough and sr-iov
Dominik Csapak [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:00:46 +0000 (16:00 +0100)]
add documentation for pci passthrough and sr-iov

explain what it is and how to use it, especially the steps necessary
on the host and the various options under one chapter

most of this is also found on the wiki in the Pci_passthrough
article

we may want to condense the information there and link it as
'notes and examples'

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
11 months agoqemu: fix typo s/vmgedid/vmgenid/
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:37:27 +0000 (14:37 +0100)]
qemu: fix typo s/vmgedid/vmgenid/

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoqm: display: enahnce and add cirrus description
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:36:35 +0000 (14:36 +0100)]
qm: display: enahnce and add cirrus description

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agoadd documentation for display types and memory configuration
Dominik Csapak [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:14:44 +0000 (11:14 +0100)]
add documentation for display types and memory configuration

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
11 months agoDocument new SSD emulation feature
Nick Chevsky [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 07:05:23 +0000 (02:05 -0500)]
Document new SSD emulation feature

This change documents the recently added SSD emulation feature for
IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives, which consists of:

* an `ssd` qm.conf flag [1], and
* an "SSD emulation" drive option in pve-manager. [2]

[1] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-server.git;a=commit;h=6c875f9f315f2dc7a0a3a988622c2efdf089b171
[2] https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=commit;h=6e40f7b0347e4275f6bcc7a484f930d4345d1c8e

Signed-off-by: Nick Chevsky <nchevsky@gmail.com>
11 months agobump version to 5.2-9
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:03:06 +0000 (13:03 +0200)]
bump version to 5.2-9

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
11 months agomake update-static
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:57:54 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
make update-static

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>