pve-docs.git
5 days agobump version to 6.2-6 master
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:55:23 +0000 (16:55 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-6

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 days agozfs: fix typos
Aaron Lauterer [Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:07:08 +0000 (16:07 +0200)]
zfs: fix typos

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
5 days agoupdate static and schema information
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:34:51 +0000 (16:34 +0200)]
update static and schema information

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
13 days agofix broken anchor id in translation.adoc
Fabian Grünbichler [Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:25:25 +0000 (14:25 +0200)]
fix broken anchor id in translation.adoc

this broke the epub build.

Fixes: 06fd1d0f8710a44167a332b4dde085f4c9b34ae2

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
2 weeks agofaq & pct: Improve explanation of containers
Dylan Whyte [Thu, 27 Aug 2020 08:16:39 +0000 (10:16 +0200)]
faq & pct: Improve explanation of containers

This adds more clarity to the explanation of containers and to
the different terms we use to refer to containers, in both the FAQ and
the introduction section of pct.

It also contains minor grammar fixes and rewording where appropriate.

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
3 weeks agotranslation: combine old and current wikis
Dylan Whyte [Mon, 31 Aug 2020 08:05:20 +0000 (10:05 +0200)]
translation: combine old and current wikis

This takes all of the relevant information from
an old wiki site (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translations)
and merges it into the document that is used in generating the
admin guide and current wiki
(https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translating_Proxmox_VE) entry.

Also contains some rewording for better readability.

V2: - Broke up into multiple sections for further clarity
      - Separate sections for translating with and without git.
      - Separate section for various methods of testing the
translation
      - Separate section for various methods of submitting the
translation
    - Incorporate suggested changes from previous version

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
3 weeks agonetwork: nat: add extra newlines between links for readability
Oguz Bektas [Mon, 31 Aug 2020 09:23:47 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
network: nat: add extra newlines between links for readability

otherwise they are all rendered in one line in all our outputs (wiki,
pdf, html)

Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 weeks agopvecm: Add output for delnode
Dominic Jäger [Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:20:52 +0000 (12:20 +0200)]
pvecm: Add output for delnode

The output of "pvecm delnode someNode" is "Killing node X". Even though this
only says something about an attempt and not about success, it is not "no
output is returned".

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
4 weeks agopvecm: Add required -r to rm
Dominic Jäger [Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:20:51 +0000 (12:20 +0200)]
pvecm: Add required -r to rm

/etc/corosync/* includes the directory uidgid.d.
Consequentlly, a correct rm call requires -r.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
4 weeks agoinstallation: Fix & move link
Dominic Jäger [Mon, 3 Aug 2020 11:07:35 +0000 (13:07 +0200)]
installation: Fix & move link

Dashes --- put the "Install PVE on Debian Buster" link into a code segment on
pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation.

Additionally, the both links are not ZFS performance tips => Move them further
below.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agopvecm: whitespace fixup
Aaron Lauterer [Wed, 13 May 2020 14:46:54 +0000 (16:46 +0200)]
pvecm: whitespace fixup

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agofix #2526: network config: change underscore to dash
Aaron Lauterer [Wed, 13 May 2020 14:46:53 +0000 (16:46 +0200)]
fix #2526: network config: change underscore to dash

The network config examples use the underscore but our tooling
generates the configs with dashes.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agoqdevice: Clarify required packages
Dominic Jäger [Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:32:15 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
qdevice: Clarify required packages

I overlooked the different package names myself. Writing out the two commands
makes this more difficult to overlook.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agoqdevice: Add note about root login requirements
Dominic Jäger [Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:32:14 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
qdevice: Add note about root login requirements

We mention Debian as external server before. On Debian it is easily possible
that SSH root login via password is prohibited.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agopvecm: Add comma after 'First'
Dominic Jäger [Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:32:13 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
pvecm: Add comma after 'First'

Comma after sequence words like first, next, then, or last.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agoqdevice: Remove a wrong 's'
Dominic Jäger [Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:32:12 +0000 (11:32 +0200)]
qdevice: Remove a wrong 's'

Third person plural does not require -s form.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agoadd ZWS to avoid config snippet misinterpretation
Fabian Grünbichler [Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:19:45 +0000 (15:19 +0200)]
add ZWS to avoid config snippet misinterpretation

this is not a reference that we want to include in online help.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
6 weeks agometric server: remove whitespace in front of config section
Aaron Lauterer [Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:42:25 +0000 (13:42 +0200)]
metric server: remove whitespace in front of config section

The leading whitespace in the first lines of the examples caused some
confusion and problems [0] because the config would not work with it.

Removing the whitespace will make it easier to copy and paste the
examples, causing less frustation and confusion.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
[0] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/issue-setting-up-influxdb.70687

6 weeks agoMention that an encrypted dataset needs to be mounted
Fabian Ebner [Thu, 6 Aug 2020 07:53:02 +0000 (09:53 +0200)]
Mention that an encrypted dataset needs to be mounted

Using load-key alone is not enough to be able to use the storage.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Ebner <f.ebner@proxmox.com>
8 weeks agozfs: fix typo
Aaron Lauterer [Tue, 28 Jul 2020 13:12:59 +0000 (15:12 +0200)]
zfs: fix typo

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
2 months agoqm: IO Thread: fix typo and reword section
Dylan Whyte [Tue, 21 Jul 2020 07:21:59 +0000 (09:21 +0200)]
qm: IO Thread: fix typo and reword section

Fix typo 'isks' => 'disks'
Reword section for better readability.

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
2 months agoAdd section with more infos about ZFS RAID levels
Aaron Lauterer [Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:58:29 +0000 (14:58 +0200)]
Add section with more infos about ZFS RAID levels

This new section explains the performance and failure properties of
mirror and RAIDZ VDEVs as well as the "unexpected" higher space usage by
ZVOLs on a RAIDZ.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
2 months agoha-manager: fix typos and grammatical errors; improve wording
Dylan Whyte [Thu, 16 Jul 2020 08:55:39 +0000 (10:55 +0200)]
ha-manager: fix typos and grammatical errors; improve wording

This patch improves the English throughout the "High Availability"
documentation.
It mostly consists of small typo and grammar fixes, but also contains rewording
of some sections for the sake of readability.

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
2 months agoREADME: fix grammatical error
Dylan Whyte [Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:29:33 +0000 (16:29 +0200)]
README: fix grammatical error

Fixes a grammatical error on line 143 of the README adoc

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
2 months agoFix typos and wording
Dylan Whyte [Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:26:06 +0000 (16:26 +0200)]
Fix typos and wording

Update some lines to fix spelling and grammatical errors

Signed-off-by: Dylan Whyte <d.whyte@proxmox.com>
2 months agostorage: fixup PBS wiki link
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:26:38 +0000 (14:26 +0200)]
storage: fixup PBS wiki link

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agobump version to 6.2-5
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:09:54 +0000 (12:09 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-5

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agoAdd man-page and notes about custom CPU models
Stefan Reiter [Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:44:55 +0000 (15:44 +0200)]
Add man-page and notes about custom CPU models

Signed-off-by: Stefan Reiter <s.reiter@proxmox.com>
2 months agoupdate static info
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:04:29 +0000 (12:04 +0200)]
update static info

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agostorage: make description column wider
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:54:52 +0000 (11:54 +0200)]
storage: make description column wider

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agoadd initial PBS docs
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:37:24 +0000 (11:37 +0200)]
add initial PBS docs

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agocifs: modernize a bit
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:36:57 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
cifs: modernize a bit

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agogetting help: use new mailing list url
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 7 Jul 2020 12:07:25 +0000 (14:07 +0200)]
getting help: use new mailing list url

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
2 months agoupdate static information
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 7 Jul 2020 12:16:48 +0000 (14:16 +0200)]
update static information

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agozfs: use headings and define help anchors
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 18 Jun 2020 15:09:20 +0000 (17:09 +0200)]
zfs: use headings and define help anchors

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agosys boot: move section a bit down and title case it
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:44:40 +0000 (16:44 +0200)]
sys boot: move section a bit down and title case it

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agosysboot: add a section on how to determine the used bootloader
Aaron Lauterer [Wed, 20 May 2020 14:05:27 +0000 (16:05 +0200)]
sysboot: add a section on how to determine the used bootloader

Besides observing the boot process, `efibootmgr` seems to be the safest
bet. It should not show anything if booted in legacy BIOS mode. If
booted in UEFI mode, the boot entries should show which bootloader is
present.

Having both present should not happen in a regular use case AFAICT and
would need more consideration, or better, a reboot.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
3 months agozfs-local: fix #2704 add disk replacement steps for grub
Aaron Lauterer [Wed, 20 May 2020 14:05:26 +0000 (16:05 +0200)]
zfs-local: fix #2704 add disk replacement steps for grub

The documentation only covered replacing the disk with systemd-boot but
not if grub is used.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
3 months agopvesm: Add example & clarification for export
Dominic Jäger [Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:56:50 +0000 (11:56 +0200)]
pvesm: Add example & clarification for export

The literal usage of "qcow2+size" as well as what the command is supposed to do
has confused users [0].

[0] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/trying-to-convert-raw-disk-to-vmdk-using-pvesm.70046/

3 months agosave pveOnlineHelpInfo as const
Thomas Lamprecht [Sat, 6 Jun 2020 17:45:49 +0000 (19:45 +0200)]
save pveOnlineHelpInfo as const

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agowhitespace cleanup
Thomas Lamprecht [Sat, 6 Jun 2020 17:44:52 +0000 (19:44 +0200)]
whitespace cleanup

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agoSDN: wording follouwp
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:46:44 +0000 (14:46 +0200)]
SDN: wording follouwp

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
3 months agosdn: fix qinq zone2 example
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 26 May 2020 15:46:08 +0000 (17:46 +0200)]
sdn: fix qinq zone2 example

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Derumier <aderumier@odiso.com>
3 months agosdn: add vnet vlan-aware option
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 26 May 2020 15:46:07 +0000 (17:46 +0200)]
sdn: add vnet vlan-aware option

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Derumier <aderumier@odiso.com>
3 months agosdn: add a note to add "source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*"
Alexandre Derumier [Tue, 26 May 2020 15:46:06 +0000 (17:46 +0200)]
sdn: add a note to add "source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*"

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Derumier <aderumier@odiso.com>
4 months agosdn: vlan: allow non vlanaware bridge.
Alexandre Derumier [Mon, 11 May 2020 08:19:23 +0000 (10:19 +0200)]
sdn: vlan: allow non vlanaware bridge.

Also rename ove "interface" to "switch", to avoid confusion
with a ovs internal interface

4 months agoupdate link for YubiKey documentation
Wolfgang Link [Mon, 11 May 2020 06:42:47 +0000 (08:42 +0200)]
update link for YubiKey documentation

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Link <w.link@proxmox.com>
4 months agobump version to 6.2-4
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 10 May 2020 18:14:04 +0000 (20:14 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-4

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agosdn: better overview and typo fixes
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 10 May 2020 18:20:41 +0000 (20:20 +0200)]
sdn: better overview and typo fixes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoadming guide: move SDN down, after VM/CT and before firewall
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 10 May 2020 18:10:48 +0000 (20:10 +0200)]
adming guide: move SDN down, after VM/CT and before firewall

While the rationale to put it before CT/VM isn't wrong at all it's
and advanced and currently even experimental topic. Lot's of PVE
admins/users won't require to get up and running initially.

Those who search it will still find it easily.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agosdn: add some reference anchors, some polishing
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 10 May 2020 18:09:52 +0000 (20:09 +0200)]
sdn: add some reference anchors, some polishing

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agorework SDN docs a bit
Thomas Lamprecht [Sun, 10 May 2020 17:43:36 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
rework SDN docs a bit

drop thumbnails for now, would need updating anyway and the examples
are of bigger help for now anyway, IMO.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoadd sdn documentation
Alexandre Derumier [Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:36:07 +0000 (09:36 +0100)]
add sdn documentation

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Derumier <aderumier@odiso.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agobump version to 6.2-3
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 8 May 2020 16:40:22 +0000 (18:40 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-3

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agocert-management: fix denglish typo
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 8 May 2020 16:40:16 +0000 (18:40 +0200)]
cert-management: fix denglish typo

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agofix scrot density
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 8 May 2020 16:36:53 +0000 (18:36 +0200)]
fix scrot density

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agopveum: add ldap sync panel screenshots
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 8 May 2020 16:26:32 +0000 (18:26 +0200)]
pveum: add ldap sync panel screenshots

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agopveum: use correct cli command for realm sync
Dominik Csapak [Fri, 8 May 2020 11:29:55 +0000 (13:29 +0200)]
pveum: use correct cli command for realm sync

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
4 months agobump version to 6.2-2
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 7 May 2020 19:41:23 +0000 (21:41 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-2

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agocerts: add some screenshots
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 7 May 2020 19:39:33 +0000 (21:39 +0200)]
certs: add some screenshots

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoremove SLAAC reference from cloudinit docs
Mira Limbeck [Mon, 4 May 2020 13:41:21 +0000 (15:41 +0200)]
remove SLAAC reference from cloudinit docs

As we don't currently support SLAAC in the nocloud network format code, remove
the reference from the docs.

Signed-off-by: Mira Limbeck <m.limbeck@proxmox.com>
4 months agoadd section about backup compression algorithms
Alwin Antreich [Thu, 7 May 2020 14:40:13 +0000 (16:40 +0200)]
add section about backup compression algorithms

as a short description about the different algorithms in use by vzdump.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
4 months agorework certificates chapter, section ordering, ..
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 7 May 2020 17:59:33 +0000 (19:59 +0200)]
rework certificates chapter, section ordering, ..

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agobump version to 6.2-1
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 May 2020 18:23:33 +0000 (20:23 +0200)]
bump version to 6.2-1

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agohtml TOC: add "back to index" link
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 May 2020 13:16:15 +0000 (15:16 +0200)]
html TOC: add "back to index" link

use a unicode symbol for the back arrow, should nowadays be widely
available

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoupdate static data and schema definitions
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 May 2020 12:31:37 +0000 (14:31 +0200)]
update static data and schema definitions

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agocert management: move some headings a level up for better visibility
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 May 2020 08:33:00 +0000 (10:33 +0200)]
cert management: move some headings a level up for better visibility

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoavoid own chapter for meager pvenode, move to sysadmin
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 6 May 2020 08:30:34 +0000 (10:30 +0200)]
avoid own chapter for meager pvenode, move to sysadmin

As else we have a big promising heading for "PVE Node Management"
with just two acme examples and a bit of Wake-On-LAN support.

Move the latter into sysadmin, the former goes only in man-page
environment, as the ACME docs are much more telling.

Ideally we move some stuff inside pvenode and see if it merits it's
own chapter, separating the more basic "Linux-y" sysadmin stuff from
PVE node, but not today.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoldap sync: minor wording + reference addition
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 5 May 2020 08:53:35 +0000 (10:53 +0200)]
ldap sync: minor wording + reference addition

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoadd documenation for ldap syncing
Dominik Csapak [Mon, 4 May 2020 13:32:31 +0000 (15:32 +0200)]
add documenation for ldap syncing

explaining the main Requirements and limitations, as well as the
most important sync options

Signed-off-by: Dominik Csapak <d.csapak@proxmox.com>
4 months agonetwork: typo fixes
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 4 May 2020 11:08:53 +0000 (13:08 +0200)]
network: typo fixes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agocert management: split examples a bit up for readabillity
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 4 May 2020 09:10:48 +0000 (11:10 +0200)]
cert management: split examples a bit up for readabillity

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agocerts: extend ACME section with DNS/plugin info
Fabian Grünbichler [Wed, 22 Apr 2020 08:38:12 +0000 (10:38 +0200)]
certs: extend ACME section with DNS/plugin info

Signed-off-by: Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler@proxmox.com>
4 months agoAlso mentioning FC-based storage in pve
Andreas Steinel [Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:30:29 +0000 (17:30 +0200)]
Also mentioning FC-based storage in pve

Signed-off-by: Andreas Steinel <A.Steinel@gmail.com>
4 months agoinstallation: usb windows: adapt wording
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 30 Apr 2020 10:36:53 +0000 (12:36 +0200)]
installation: usb windows: adapt wording

Co-authored-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
4 months agoinstallation: improve section for creating USB drive from Windows
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 30 Apr 2020 07:55:14 +0000 (09:55 +0200)]
installation: improve section for creating USB drive from Windows

For those not even having the attention span to read 4 short and
straight forward written sentences..

Co-authored-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
5 months agointro: s/Proxmox VE/{pve}/g
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 23 Apr 2020 18:25:05 +0000 (20:25 +0200)]
intro: s/Proxmox VE/{pve}/g

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agoRevision of the pvesr documentation
Wolfgang Link [Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:58:37 +0000 (13:58 +0100)]
Revision of the pvesr documentation

Improvement of grammar and punctuation. Clarify the HA limitations.
Remove future tense in some sentences. It is not good to use it in
technical/scientific papers. Rewrite some sentences to improve
understanding.

Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Link <w.link@proxmox.com>
Reviewed-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
6 months agofix apparmor profile config key
Thomas Lamprecht [Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:43:54 +0000 (12:43 +0100)]
fix apparmor profile config key

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
6 months agoAdd documentation for virtio-rng
Stefan Reiter [Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:01:22 +0000 (18:01 +0100)]
Add documentation for virtio-rng

Signed-off-by: Stefan Reiter <s.reiter@proxmox.com>
6 months agopveceph: Reducing number of PGs is possible
Dominic Jäger [Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:55:33 +0000 (10:55 +0100)]
pveceph: Reducing number of PGs is possible

From Ceph Nautilus onwards reducing the number of placement groups is possible.

Signed-off-by: Dominic Jäger <d.jaeger@proxmox.com>
7 months agofix wiki-special link to "USB installation"
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 21 Feb 2020 13:48:42 +0000 (14:48 +0100)]
fix wiki-special link to "USB installation"

this was broken twice but in one rollout:
* one commit fixed the grammar from "Install from USB Stick" to
  "Install from a USB Flash Drive"
* then a followup comment renamed the whole thing "Prepare
  Installation Media" as also other medias where handled (shortly)

The wiki link breakage isn't really detctable until rolled out on
mediawiki, and it's a bit of an obscure thing anyway..

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agobump version to 6.1-6
Thomas Lamprecht [Wed, 19 Feb 2020 14:53:09 +0000 (15:53 +0100)]
bump version to 6.1-6

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopveceph: reword memory precondition
Alwin Antreich [Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:02:14 +0000 (15:02 +0100)]
pveceph: reword memory precondition

and add the memory target for OSDs, included since Luminous. As well as
distinguish the memory usage between the OSD backends.

Signed-off-by: Alwin Antreich <a.antreich@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: readd missing whitespace
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:53:34 +0000 (12:53 +0100)]
pct: readd missing whitespace

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: typo fixes
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:57:17 +0000 (11:57 +0100)]
pct: typo fixes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: improve template/images section
Thomas Lamprecht [Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:47:32 +0000 (11:47 +0100)]
pct: improve template/images section

Bring the usage in order, cannot create a CT from a template before
we downloaded it ;)

Also (re)-mention the web interface as a TIP.
cron job was replaced by systemd timer, adapt that too.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: move "CT storage" below "guest OS"
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:55:02 +0000 (17:55 +0100)]
pct: move "CT storage" below "guest OS"

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: move "disable apparmor" in new subsection for security considerations
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:48:00 +0000 (17:48 +0100)]
pct: move "disable apparmor" in new subsection for security considerations

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: move "security considerations" below CT settings
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:47:26 +0000 (17:47 +0100)]
pct: move "security considerations" below CT settings

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: guest OS cfg: mention /etc/os-release
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:26:41 +0000 (17:26 +0100)]
pct: guest OS cfg: mention /etc/os-release

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: move "guest OS config" below CT settings
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:26:27 +0000 (17:26 +0100)]
pct: move "guest OS config" below CT settings

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: misc fixes
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 15:47:55 +0000 (16:47 +0100)]
pct: misc fixes

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: rework restart migration a bit
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 15:39:55 +0000 (16:39 +0100)]
pct: rework restart migration a bit

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: fix text width to 80cc
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:00:49 +0000 (14:00 +0100)]
pct: fix text width to 80cc

use `git show --word-diff=color` to see that almost no word change
happened, only realignment.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agopct: followup: casing and wording fix
Thomas Lamprecht [Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:00:30 +0000 (14:00 +0100)]
pct: followup: casing and wording fix

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agorewrite and extend pct documentation
Oguz Bektas [Thu, 13 Feb 2020 14:23:09 +0000 (15:23 +0100)]
rewrite and extend pct documentation

* rephrase some parts.
* update old information
* add info about pending changes and other "new" features

Co-Authored-by: Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer@proxmox.com>
Co-Authored-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
Signed-off-by: Oguz Bektas <o.bektas@proxmox.com>
7 months agoinstallation: update wiki link to Buster
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:30:56 +0000 (18:30 +0100)]
installation: update wiki link to Buster

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agobump version to 6.1-5
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 13 Feb 2020 11:07:43 +0000 (12:07 +0100)]
bump version to 6.1-5

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
7 months agorun make update for static/schema information
Thomas Lamprecht [Thu, 13 Feb 2020 11:23:54 +0000 (12:23 +0100)]
run make update for static/schema information

Signed-off-by: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>